Victim Crisis Assistance Ontario (VCAO)
The VCAO program provides support for individuals affected by crime and tragic circumstance. Victim Services of Brant can provide crisis intervention, emotional support, practical assistance, and can make referrals to community agencies for long-term assistance. We help clients identify and address safety issues to help reduce the likelihood of further harm and develop strategies to address them.
The Program serves individuals affected by crime and tragic circumstances.
- 24/7 on-scene crisis intervention
- Addressing immediate safety concerns
- Community information sessions
- Practical assistance
- Needs assessment
- Development of a personalized referral form or service plan
- Safety planning
- Information provision
- Referrals to counselling and relevant community and government support services
- Enhanced support
- Assist with Victim Impact Statements and Criminal Injuries Compensation forms