Victim Services of Brant Crisis Responders volunteer their time to provide on-scene crisis intervention in the immediate aftermath of a crime or tragic circumstance.
Crisis responders provide:
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Information and referrals
- Assistance to identify and address safety issues
- Assistance to identify needs and concerns and develop strategies to address them
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Cellphone and email
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Minimum of 1 year commitment
- Mandatory online training modules
- Mandatory in-class training
*All applicants must complete an interview process. There are limited volunteer positions available.